After A Move Is It Time To Change Banks?
When you’re planning to move you have all these to-do list going through your head; is changing your bank on that to-do list?
Below are some helpful informational tips on how to strategically assess your current banking relationship. You want to make sure when you move that your money is close and safe to you.
- Assess Your Needs
- Have a conversation with your current bank to see what they suggest personally. If your current bank can not meet your future needs in a new location it might be time to consider moving banks.
- Research Your Options
- Make sure the bank you chose fits your day-to-day needs.
- Open New Accounts
- Either you will visit the bank in person to open an account or you will do the process online. Make sure you ask all the questions you have.
- Update Auto-Debits
- Any accounts that do automatic pay you will have to update with your new information. (Subscriptions, utilities, insurance, mortgages, etc.)
- Close Old Accounts
- After you feel confident that all your banking information has switched over to the correct bank, make sure to close out your old accounts.
With all these solid set of evaluation criterias you should be able to make a smart decision on if moving banks is a good decision or not when moving. Read this article to find more detailed information about each tip.
More About Park Avenue Group
Discover how Park Avenue Group rises above the competition, delivering unparalleled solutions and top-tier candidates that allow your business to succeed.