Small Business Underwriter
Location: New Jersey Category: Banking & Finance
Park Avenue Group is pleased to partner with a banking client in their search for a Small Business Underwriter.
The selected candidate will be responsible for evaluating and underwriting small business loan applications. Your primary focus will be assessing credit risk and ensuring that loans are structured in accordance with bank policies and regulatory requirements. This role is integral to the bank’s mission of providing financial support to local businesses and promoting economic growth in the community.
Location: Various Locations in New Jersey.
The Small Busineess Underwriter is responsible for the cultivation and development of Centers of Influence (COIs) that refer profitable new business relationships that have strong commercial non-interest-bearing deposit, cash management and commercial lending needs. Also works closely with the Market Manager, Retail Financial Center Management, the Business Banker, and the C&I and CRE Lenders in support of the above-mentioned expectations. The BDO will focus on developing relationships with “deposit rich” industries and companies with annual revenues greater than $5mm.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in small business or commercial underwriting.
- Strong understanding of financial analysis, credit risk assessment, and loan structuring.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements related to small business lending.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Proficiency in using underwriting software and other relevant tools.
- Willingness to stay current with industry trends and regulatory changes.
- Strong commitment to ethical lending practices and supporting local businesses.
Not Finding the Right Opportunity?
If you are great talent who has the drive, experience and capacity to excel in the banking or medical device sectors, but you don’t see the right fit, contact us to see how we can help you find your perfect career.